For those of you with Lightroom, here are specific instructions to help you size your photos for our Share and Learn activity every month. If you have another type of software, please tell me what that is, and we’ll try to post instructions for that also. (email me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
The easiest way to create your share and learn photos each month in Lightroom is to simply create an “Export” preset that you can run to reduce AND rename your images, while placing them in a specific folder where you can find them with your email program. Here is what you can do:
1) Select the photos you want to share
2) Right click and select “Export”, or select “File/Export” from the main menu (shortcut is Shift/command/E on Mac, Shift/control/E on a PC)
3) the Export pop-up window appears below. You may select the LR preset “for email (hard drive), but you can do better. Read on.
4) Selecting the “email” export for your starting point, make the following changes..as shown in the screenshot below. Obviously these are MY settings, with my name etc, but you get the idea.
5) Once you’ve made those changes. Click on the “Add” button in the left column of the pop-up to create your own preset, and call it something like “S&L export”. Now click “Export”
6) in future months all you will have to do is select your preset export.